| ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
- Partner Viviana Frank is the first Laredoan to become a certified economic development developer (EEcD).
- The certification is awarded by the International Economic Development Council (IEDC).
- The award is a capstone to Frank’s 10 years of economic development experience in Laredo, channelled into partnering with advocates to improve quality of life in the community.
ITURBIDE ‘IT’ STREET INCENTIVES
- Created as part of the City of Laredo Arts and Entertainment District, the Iturbide “It” Street incentives package attracts restaurant and quality of life businesses to Laredo’s historic downtown.
- The team developed incentive packages that included tax abatement and assistance for businesses to apply for façade improvement grants to aid in the revitalization of Iturbide Street.
- The investment and commitment to economic development has created a spark in downtown revitalization.