Need A Quote Here. Need A Quote Here. Need A Quote Here. Need A Quote Here. Need A Quote Here.
Mario, founding partner, is a certified planner and registered Architect in Texas and Florida. Prior to founding Able City, in 2008, Mario took the lead as Principal of Hickey Pena Architects – one of our predecessor firms with over 40 years of history.
Mario is focused on promoting and enabling people-centric urbanism as a basis for improving community, health, and ensuring opportunity for everyone. As a planner with diverse architectural professional experience including civic, religious, educational, residential, industrial, regional retail projects, and construction management, he has a deep understanding of how architecture must support the urban environment and how codes and public policies must enable and promote both fields if our cities are to be sustainable, walkable, equitable, enjoyable places.
You can find Mario on the Rivard Report as it covered AIA San Antonio’s presentations on SA Tomorrow’s impact on neighborhood master plans and equity planning. Mario has also been a contributor to the Laredo Morning Times and Laredos News commenting on urban planning and walkability.
- Registered Architect with the State of Texas
- License No. 20580
- Registered Architect with the State of Florida
- License No. AR98707
- American Institute of Certified Planners
- Certified Planner #31169
- The Congress for New Urbanism- CNU: Accredited Member
- International Council of Shopping Centers, Certified Construction, Design, & Development Professional
- University of Colorado at Boulder
- Bachelor in Architecture
- Harvard University
- Early College Credits
- Instituto Tecnologico de Estudios
- Superiores, Monterrey
- Architecture Study Abroad
- Viva Laredo Comprehensive Plan
- El Metro Phase I & II
- Federal Inspection Center
- LISD HB Zachary Elementary