Want to join our team?
We want to get to know you.
Fill in the form below and attach your resume and portfolio.
Please check back if there are not positions relevant to your experience open, as we will update this page regularly. Please submit a resume under ‘Current Job Openings’ if you would like us to keep your information on file.
Current Job Openings
Location: San Antonio or Laredo TX
Able City imagines cities to be sustainable, equitable, bikeable, and accessible so that its citizens are healthier, empowered, and more connected. Our mission-driven team integrates architecture, planning, economic development, and community engagement to create the building blocks and provide momentum to enable communities to thrive. To that end, we advocate in the community, and thus are familiar with the values and concerns of our fellow citizens. We plan communities and design structures that align with these values.
We are committed to the equitable evolution of cities by engaging residents, clients and community leaders to help them define what is needed to improve their quality of life and develop beautiful and effective design and planning solutions that respond to those needs. Our company’s shared value proposition is that our competitive advantage and financial success is tied to our ability to create positive social and economic impacts in the communities where we work.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and passionate designer to join our team and assist in the design and development of architectural projects that support “able cities” such as learning environments, civic spaces, historic buildings, sacred places, public transit facilities, and a variety of commercial and industrial facilities. We have a creative office culture centered around a commitment to learning from one another and providing mentorship, training, and professional development to all of our staff.
You will be asked to:
- Contribute to the development project design in coordination with design leadership
- Contribute to architectural design deliverables using various tools such as BIM modeling, renderings, videos, diagrams, sketching and narrative reports
- Develop design and construction documents with a high degree of autonomy in collaboration with the project team
- Research and report on design and construction materials and methods
- Assist PM’s in the administration of projects through all phases
- Passionate about affecting change at the local level; committed to empowering citizens — especially those who have been historically marginalized by the planning process — to steer and shape their city’s future
- Ability to work with a diverse team
- Detail-oriented and technical, yet experienced enough to see the big picture
- Flexible and able to adapt to rapidly changing project requirements and deadlines
- Architectural processes on all phases of design and construction
- Ability to produce any drawing type of a CD set
- Space planning
- Detailed knowledge of construction methods (in Texas)
- Accessibility standards
- Architectural building systems such as envelope, facade, fenestration, etc
- Architectural detailing
- 6 yrs experience
- License preferred
- BArch (5yr degree) and/or Masters in Architecture
- Proficiency with BIM software and Adobe Creative Suite to develop design documents, 3D renderings and presentation graphics.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly motivated self starter with a strong attention to detail and accuracy of work
- Ability to work with a diverse team, be flexible and adapt to changing project requirements and schedules
- Ability to work at a variety of scales from the big picture to the detail-oriented
- A passion and commitment to the equitable and sustainable development of cities
Mario A. Pena | firstname.lastname@example.org | www.able.city
Salary and Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including 10 paid holidays, 10 days of paid leave and 5 days of sick leave, sustainability incentives for work commute, and a work-from-home allotment; a 401(k) program; and health coverage.
Salary Range (DOE): $56,000-$68,000
plus 100 % contributions to health insurance plan and access to 401k plan