Want to join our team?
We want to get to know you.
Fill in the form below and attach your resume and portfolio.
Please check back if there are not positions relevant to your experience open, as we will update this page regularly. Please submit a resume under ‘Future openings’ if you would like us to keep your information on file.
Architectural Staff Level 2 (full time)
Location: San Antonio, Laredo, or McAllen, TX
Able City’s mission-driven team integrates architecture, planning, economic development, and community engagement to achieve virtuous cycles that lead to thriving communities.
Able City is contributing to the equitable evolution of cities by helping citizens define quality of life and responding to these community needs through our proven methodologies, planning, and design work.
We have a passionate office culture centered around our company’s value proposition to make cities great places for everyone.
We are looking for an enthusiastic creative to join our team and assist in the design and development of projects that support “able cities” such as learning environments, civic spaces, historic buildings, sacred places, and a variety of commercial and industrial facilities.
You will be tasked to:
- Contribute to architectural design deliverables in various platforms and media formats
- Develop construction documents with a high degree of autonomy in collaboration with the project team
- Research and report on design and construction materials and methods
- At least 3 yrs experience
- BArch and/or Master in Architecture
- Excellent BIM skills
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and other post process and presentation graphic software
- Ability to work with a diverse team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and technical, yet experienced enough to see the big picture
- Experienced, self-directed professional
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter with solid writing and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy of work
- Desire to be mentored by senior staff and provide mentorship to less experienced staff
- Ability to be flexible and able to adapt to rapidly changing project requirements and deadlines
- Ability to apply passion and enthusiasm for design in a collaborative and progressive team-oriented work environment.
Mario A. Pena | firstname.lastname@example.org | www.able.city