Want to join our team?
We want to get to know you.
Fill in the form below and attach your resume and portfolio.
Our firm is looking for a creative, talented interior designer to design beautiful, functional spaces for a variety of place types including commercial, educational, religious, and others. The ideal candidate for our interior designer position is a team leader who is effective at collaborating with colleagues and partners but is also self-motivated.
A visual portfolio of past projects is a requirement.
Interior Designer Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead interior design across multiple projects
- Work closely with the client to determine project goals and requirements
- Study the space (or the blueprints and plans for the space) to consider use and flow of people through and within the space
- Collaborate with architects, builders, mechanical and structural engineers, and other members of the project team to create and implement a design plan
- Create preliminary design schemes, either by hand-sketching or computer-aided design (CAD)
- Lead the production of interior design presentations utilizing color/idea boards, renders, finishes binder, etc.
- Delineate project specifications including materials and furnishings to be used, such as flooring, furniture, lighting, plumbing fixtures, and wall finishes
- Contribute to estimates for project costs
- Obtain client approval for interior design plan and cost estimate
- Lead the integration of interior design into construction or bid documents and specifications
- Debrief with client after project completion to ensure that goals were met and the project was done to the customer’s satisfaction
Interior Designer Requirements and Qualifications
- At least 10 years of experience is preferred
- Superior artistic and creative ability
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and an aptitude for visualization
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to clearly communicate a vision to non-design-oriented people
- Passing score on state-approved interior design exam is preferred; comparable work experience in the interior design field may suffice
- Bachelor’s degree in interior design, architecture, or related field strongly preferred
- Certification in LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) preferred
- A proven history of sustainable interior design work is preferred
Able City is looking to expand their architecture team with a Level 2 or 3 Architectural designer.
You will be joining a team-based effort to design public and private facilites that vary in size and type, helping us implement our mission in their development.
Our portfolio and current docket includes k-12 and higher educational, religious, civic, retail, industrial, and more.
Your responsibility will primarily be to assist on the design and production of these projects using BIM, and you will be encouraged to grow your role as you learn and develop your passion of Architecture.
2 to 4 yrs experience
BIM – Archicad preferred
Opening in San Antonio Office
Roles and Responsibilities: The Urban Designer is tasked with creating, adapting and reviewing plans for urban spaces, including the development, revitalization or rebuilding of an area and collaborating and contributing to design process with a perspective on urban design. This means conducting research on building code and land development code regulations, sustainability, and interpreting the impact of those elements on the project.
The Urban Designer is also responsible to produce drawings and sketches through all phases of design for both facilities and urban design projects.
The Urban Designer collaborates in the drafting of other policy documents such as urban design guidelines, ordinances, land development code modifications, and land use, zoning, economic development policies, and infrastructure policy.