Want to join our team?
We want to get to know you.
Fill in the form below and attach your resume and portfolio.
Interior Design Lead (full time)
Location: San Antonio (preferred)
Able City is a firm that integrates architecture, planning, economic development, and community engagement to achieve virtuous cycles that lead to thriving cities.
Able City is contributing to the evolution of cities by helping citizens define quality of life and responding to these community needs through our proven methodologies, planning, and design work.
We have a passionate office culture centered around our company’s value proposition to make cities great places for everyone. We are looking for an enthusiastic creative that strengthens our culture and can help us develop our interiors department to both support architectural projects and to pursue standalone interior design projects.
Candidates should provide a visual portfolio of past projects.
INTERIOR DESIGN LEAD DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead interior design across multiple projects
- Work closely with the client to determine project goals and requirements
- Study the space (or the blueprints and plans for the space) to consider use and flow of people through and within the space
- Collaborate with architects, builders, mechanical and structural engineers, and other members of the project team to create and implement a design plan
- Create preliminary design schemes, either by hand-sketching or computer-aided design (CAD)
- Lead the production of interior design presentations utilizing color/idea boards, renders, finishes binder, etc.
- Delineate project specifications including materials and furnishings to be used, such as flooring, furniture, lighting, plumbing fixtures, and wall finishes
- Contribute to estimates for project costs
- Obtain client approval for interior design plan and cost estimate
- Lead the integration of interior design into construction or bid documents and specifications
- Debrief with client after project completion to ensure that goals were met and the project was done to the customer’s satisfaction
INTERIOR DESIGN LEAD REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 10 years of experience is preferred
- Superior artistic and creative ability
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and an aptitude for visualization
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to clearly communicate a vision to non-design-oriented people
- Passing score on state-approved interior design exam is preferred; comparable work experience in the interior design field may suffice
- Bachelor’s degree in interior design, architecture, or related field strongly preferred
- Certification in LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) preferred
- A proven history of sustainable interior design work is preferred
Mario A. Pena | email@example.com | www.able.city